On May 24th, people will go to the polls to elect local councillors and Members of Parliament for Europe.
People Before Profit in mounting a major challenge to the political establishment, offering a real left wing alternative.
Our record as strong fighters is second to none. We were major players in the anti-water charges campaign. Our members led the Repeal campaign in many local areas. We help to bring change through people power.
In all, we shall be fielding 46 local election candidates and 3 candidates for the European elections.
Throughout these campaigns, we are arguing for a radical alternative:
· We want public land to be used for social and affordable housing. We want rent controls to push down rents.
· We want serious measures to tackle climate change – public investment in renewables; moves to free public transport.
· We will oppose racism and the rise of the far right.
· We support workers’ rights – for decent pay, secure jobs, proper pensions.
· We fight for a one tier health service where people are treated according to their needs and not the size of their wallets.